Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FUTURO ANTICO-LIVE, 198(?), UNRELEASED, ITALY


Continuing on from my posts of material by the crucial 70's Italian ethnic trance ensemble Aktuala, here's the unit Aktuala member Walter Maioli would go on to form alongside one Riccardo Sinigaglia after departing that outfit. In concord with Sinigaglia (who'd go on to form Recommended Records recording artists The Doubling Riders) and African vocalist/percussionist Gabin Dabere as well as a pair of ethnic percussionists named Kala and Oisea, Futuro Antico was born for a brief, blissed moment of communal cross-cultural levitation. They produced one studio album's worth of material during their brief existence, but the live and unreleased sounds at hand (procured many moons ago from a source long forgotten) are every bit as transporting, if transcendental ethno-ooze and electrically augmented raga is your cup 'o bhang.

*******NEW LINK*******

Get it via Rapidshare Here

8 comments:

magogiallo said...

this is fantastic...I am a long long time Aktuala fan, in my opinion the best italian band of the '70, unfortunatly I was to young to see them playing live, and I looked for long time some live tapes of them, but without success! This Futuro Antico unreleased material is very very interesting, but in your post you said: Continuing on from my posts of material by...So I have to expect from you some other live tapes? because I tried to look for them in your past posts but there aren't!! please let me know

luke said...

how are there no comments on this.. thank you so much! this is beautiful

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I have an EP which might be of interest. Two mp3's. From the 90s. Where to send it?

fildiferro said...

Hi Mutant Friends!
It was me who supplied this rip many moons ago... Just to complete info: this is a concert by Riccardo Sinigaglia alone, that took place in Schio, Italy, in 1991, some months after the reissue (or better: first official issue) of the "Futuro Antico" lp, which was made by me and some friends. Riccardo played every kind of keys over some electronic percussion, and - as you can experience here - it was pure magic!

mick55 said...

Thank you very much for the opportunity to hear this unknown gem.

It's great stuff, vaguely reminiscent of the Third Ear Band.


mick

PHSStudiosRJ said...

Many thanks man!!!!!!!

:)

ale55 said...

Festival santarcangelo was another place in which Futuro antico performed a show. It was 1980. Thank you a lot
Ale55

Roby said...

Thank you very much. Surely, with the collaboration of a friend who provides the other album by original Futuro Antico, i will make a post dedicated to this project on my blog, "Verso la Stratosfera". Thank you again and i will write a thanks to your blog in my future F.A. post...